- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- Zest of 2 oranges, cut into strips 1" width
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 TBS firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 TBS hoisin sauce
- 2 pinches chili flakes
- 3 tsp. Chinese five spice blend
- 2 duck breasts halves, each about 12 oz
- Salt, TT
- Steamed white rice for serving
- Spicy long beans for serving
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, simmer soy sauce, zest, juice, brown sugar, honey, hoisin sauce, chili flakes and 2 tsp. 5 spice for ten minutes. Set glaze aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Season duck with salt; sprinkle skin of each half with 1/2 tsp. five spice. Using a sharp knife, score skin by making a crisscross pattern.
- Heat large ovenproof sautee pan over medium low heat. Cook duck, skin side down, until skin is crisp, 12-15 minutes. Transfer to plate, drain fat but reserve for making spicy long beans. Return duck, skin side up, to pan. Off the heat, baste duck with glaze every 10 minutes for a total of 4 times. Roast in oven 10-12 minutes. Let the duck rest 5-10 minutes. Cut into 1/4" slices. Serve with rice and long beans.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Food Travels Through Italy
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More