- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- Zest of 2 oranges, cut into strips 1" width
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 TBS firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 TBS hoisin sauce
- 2 pinches chili flakes
- 3 tsp. Chinese five spice blend
- 2 duck breasts halves, each about 12 oz
- Salt, TT
- Steamed white rice for serving
- Spicy long beans for serving
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, simmer soy sauce, zest, juice, brown sugar, honey, hoisin sauce, chili flakes and 2 tsp. 5 spice for ten minutes. Set glaze aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Season duck with salt; sprinkle skin of each half with 1/2 tsp. five spice. Using a sharp knife, score skin by making a crisscross pattern.
- Heat large ovenproof sautee pan over medium low heat. Cook duck, skin side down, until skin is crisp, 12-15 minutes. Transfer to plate, drain fat but reserve for making spicy long beans. Return duck, skin side up, to pan. Off the heat, baste duck with glaze every 10 minutes for a total of 4 times. Roast in oven 10-12 minutes. Let the duck rest 5-10 minutes. Cut into 1/4" slices. Serve with rice and long beans.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More