- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup gluten free diced bacon or ham
- 1/2 white onion, diced or you can use a shallot.
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup frozen veggies or you can use the fresh veggies you have in the house. I add spring onion, capsicum, bean shoots and bok choy.
- 1 tablespoon of gluten free soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed or alternatively use 1 teaspoon of garlic powder or minced garlic.
- Optional: Bean shoots, capsicum, bok choy, spring onions.
- 1. Cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and leave to cool.
- 2. Lightly beat eggs in a bowl with a whisk or fork. Heat oil in a non stick wok or fry pan over medium heat. Add eggs. Swirl over base to form an omelette. Cook for 2 minutes, turn over and cook the other side for two minutes until set. Transfer to a chopping board. Set aside to cool slightly. Cut into short strips.
- 3. Add bacon/ham and onion to wok or fry pan. Cook for 3 minutes until light golden.
- 4. Add carrot and bok choy and capsicum (if your using these) and stir fry for a minute.
- 5. Add frozen veggies, rice and garlic. Cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- 6. Add egg, bok choy leaves, bean shoots, spring onions and soy sauce. Stir until heated through. Add more garlic and soy if needed.
NotesI'm lactose intolerant and gluten sensitive. I wanted to create food that my whole family could eat, not just me, that is lactose and gluten free. I'm sharing this as it's easy, quick, tasty and child friendly.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More