- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 large idaho potatoes, peeled
- 2 large onions, 1 diced and one quartered
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 2-3 teaspoons salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Saute diced onion until nicely caramelized and golden. While onion is caramelizing, grate potatoes using the fine (smallest holes) disc in the food processor. Squeeze out liquid and place in a large mixing bowl. Process onions (don't change the blade) and pour the onion pulp and juices into the bowl with the potatoes. Stir in eggs, 5 tbsp. oil, salt, pepper and caramelized onions. Sprinkle starch on top. Pour boiling water over starch and stir thoroughly Pour 1/4 cup of oil into a 9x13 baking pan and heat in oven for
- about a minute. Do not allow oil to burn. Carefully pour mixture into pan and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, reduce heat to 400 degrees and bake for 40 minutes or until the top is a deep golden brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Special SmoothiesSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More