- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 8 lean lamb shoulder chops, 2.5cm thick
- 6 small Pontiac potatoes 9about 500g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 grinds black pepper
- 2 large brown onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (about 125g) button mushrooms, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup (about 125g) baby carrots, thinly peeled
- 1 small turnip, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small swede, cut into chunks (about 1 cup)
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 180C. Trim lamb chops of all visible fat. Peel potatoes and cut into 1cm slices.
- Layer a large diameter casserole with one third of the potatoes. Cover with 4 lamb chops; Sprinkle with half the salt and pepper. Layer half the onions, mushrooms, carrots, turnip and swede over the lamb.
- Cover with a third of potatoes and remaining lamb, salt, pepper, onions, mushrooms, carrots, turnip and swede. Top with remaining potatoes. Pour water over.
- Cover and bake for 1 1/4 hours. REmove lid and bake for a further 15 minutes to brown potatoes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately, ladled into large bowls, with a soup spoon and fork.
- PREPARE IN ADVANCE: The hot pot may be prepared and cooked a day ahead, refrigerated overnight and reheated in a 180C oven for 30 minutes.
- COOK'S TIPS: To brown the potatoes on the top of the hot pot, remove the lid for the last 15 minutes of baking time, or place under a hot grill until golden brown.
- To serve a juicy hot pot meal easily, follow tradition by spooning or ladling portions into old fashioned soup plates. This ensures all juices are enjoyed.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Christmas CookiesSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More