- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1x quantity pizza dough
- 1/2 a large red capsicum/bell pepper
- 1 lamb leg/sandwich steak
- A large handful of fresh rocket/aragula, washed and dried
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp snipped chives
- 1/4 cup natural unsweetened yoghurt
- Prepare the pizza dough and set it aside for now. Finely slice the lamb and season it with salt and pepper and massage it in, then leave it to rest for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice up your capsicum/bell pepper into thirds so that they will lie flat on a baking tray. Heat up the oven grill then place the capsicum on a lined baking tray and under the grill for a few minutes, or till the skin has blackened and blistered. Take it out of the grill and throw a clean damp teatowel over the top to steam for 5 minutes. Remove the blackened skin and slice into thin strips.
- Heat up a frying pan and briefly brown the lamb strips (ONLY brown, do not cook as they will do most of this in the oven!). Mix together the garlic, dried oregano and olive oil into a slightly runny paste, then carefully spread it all over the prepared pizza dough. Layer over the rocket/aragula, then the lamb and then the capsicum strips.
- Place into a preheated oven and cook till the base is nicely brown and has puffed up. Remove from the oven, allow it to slightly cool then mix together the chives and natural yoghurt and messily dollop all over the top. Serve, and enjoy!
NotesYou can find more pizza recipes and helpful hints on making great homemade pizza at my food blog - Kitchen Wench
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Jean’s Recipe File
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More