- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium lemons, peeled
- 2 small green bell peppers, each in 3 pieces
- 3 large leeks, trimmed to last 1-inch of green part, each cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 piece ginger
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 tablespoons lard, divided
- 2¼ pounds lamb cubes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2½ cups beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2½ tablespoons unsalted peanuts
- 1. Using the slicing disc in a food processor, process the lemons, and remove. Stack the peppers upright
- and process; remove. Feed leeks into tube and process; set aside.
- 2. Insert the metal blade into the food processor. With motor running, drop in ginger and process until
- finely chopped. Add onions and pulse 5 times.
- 3. Heat 1 tablespoon of the lard in a Dutch oven; add half of the lamb cubes and brown well. Remove
- lamb to a large bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of lard to the Dutch oven and brown the remaining
- lamb cubes. Remove to the bowl.
- 4. Melt the butter in the Dutch oven; add peppers, leeks, ginger, and onions, and cook until limp (about 5
- minutes). Add lamb and juices from bowl, lemon slices, broth, salt, and pepper; simmer, covered, for 35
- minutes. Remove cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 5. Drop peanuts through tube of food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Stir peanuts into stew 5
- minutes before serving.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More