- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium lemons, peeled
- 2 small green bell peppers, each in 3 pieces
- 3 large leeks, trimmed to last 1-inch of green part, each cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 piece ginger
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 tablespoons lard, divided
- 2¼ pounds lamb cubes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2½ cups beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2½ tablespoons unsalted peanuts
- 1. Using the slicing disc in a food processor, process the lemons, and remove. Stack the peppers upright
- and process; remove. Feed leeks into tube and process; set aside.
- 2. Insert the metal blade into the food processor. With motor running, drop in ginger and process until
- finely chopped. Add onions and pulse 5 times.
- 3. Heat 1 tablespoon of the lard in a Dutch oven; add half of the lamb cubes and brown well. Remove
- lamb to a large bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of lard to the Dutch oven and brown the remaining
- lamb cubes. Remove to the bowl.
- 4. Melt the butter in the Dutch oven; add peppers, leeks, ginger, and onions, and cook until limp (about 5
- minutes). Add lamb and juices from bowl, lemon slices, broth, salt, and pepper; simmer, covered, for 35
- minutes. Remove cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 5. Drop peanuts through tube of food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Stir peanuts into stew 5
- minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More