- Cooking Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
- 1 lb. ground or chopped lamb
- 1 large carrot, peeled and copped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbls. tomato paste
- 1 large can peeled, crushed tomato
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbls. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 c. red wine
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat, saute onion in olive oil until just beginning to soften (about 4 minutes).
- Add carrot and celery, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add tomato paste and cook 3 minutes, add crushed tomato, bay leaf and parsley, bring to a simmer.
- In another pan, brown lamb.
- Add wine to lamb and simmer while scraping bottom of pan.
- Reduce wine by half.
- Stir lamb into tomato sauce and cook 1 hour on low heat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
A Falcon Feast
Christmas CookiesSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More