- 4 lamb shanks or steaks
- ¼ cup flour
- 1teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon each of black pepper and cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
1. Dredge lamb in flour that is seasoned with salt and both peppers.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add lamb and brown on both sides. Pour off and discard
oil in skillet.
3. Combine remaining ingredients (except rice) in a large measuring cup or bowl, and pour over lamb;
cover and simmer slowly until tender, about 30 minutes.