2 pounds lamb cubes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons flour
Salt and black pepper
1 teaspoon each of celery salt and garlic powder
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon parsley
½ teaspoon rosemary
2 to 3 cups beef broth
1 cup frozen peas
8 new potatoes
4 carrots, 1½-inch long
1 cups green beans, 1-inch long
3 large onions, chunked
2 large tomatoes, chunked
1. Steam the potatoes and carrots together then steam the green beans.
2. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat; add lamb cubes and brown. Remove lamb
(leaving oil in skillet) and put in a Dutch oven.
3. Sprinkle lamb with sugar and caramelize over high heat. Sprinkle with flour and brown, stirring often.
Add seasonings, beef broth, and tomatoes; bring to a simmer, cover, and slow simmer for ½ hour.
4. In the meantime, add a little more oil to the skillet, add the onions, and sauté lightly. Add to meat
mixture then add peas; cook for 10 to l5 minutes.
5. Make a 50-50 flour and water mixture; add to stew and stir until sauce thickens.