- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds lamb cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon each of celery salt and garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- 2 to 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Cut Up:
- 8 new potatoes
- 4 carrots, 1½-inch long
- 1 cups green beans, 1-inch long
- 3 large onions, chunked
- 2 large tomatoes, chunked
- 1. Steam the potatoes and carrots together then steam the green beans.
- 2. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat; add lamb cubes and brown. Remove lamb
- (leaving oil in skillet) and put in a Dutch oven.
- 3. Sprinkle lamb with sugar and caramelize over high heat. Sprinkle with flour and brown, stirring often.
- Add seasonings, beef broth, and tomatoes; bring to a simmer, cover, and slow simmer for ½ hour.
- 4. In the meantime, add a little more oil to the skillet, add the onions, and sauté lightly. Add to meat
- mixture then add peas; cook for 10 to l5 minutes.
- 5. Make a 50-50 flour and water mixture; add to stew and stir until sauce thickens.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More