- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 TBS flour
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 TBS kosher salt
- Lamb chops, enough for 2 lbs of 2 inch pieces after fat and bone is trimmed. Your butcher may do this for you, at least ask.
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 cloves of crushed garlic, more if you like garlic, a little less if you don't
- 1 1/2 cups of Chicken broth
- l 1/2 lb of uncooked, fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half.
- 1 lb small red potatoes, cut into pieces
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a plastic bag mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Put cut up lamb in the bag and shake untill all pieces are coated.
- Brown lamb in a heavy, large skillet then remove.
- In the skillet saute the onion and garlic with the olive oil until onion is opaque and garlic is slightly browned.
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Mix lamb, potatoes and beans together and add to broth reducing heat to simmer or low.
- Cover and cook for 45 minutes.
- Baste occasionally so nothing drys out.
- If the liquid gets low, add more broth.
- When you reach a cooking time of 35 minutes ADD the lemon juice.
- Place on platter and serve.
- NOTE you can use canned green beans in place of fresh-HOWEVER, do not add them until the last 10 minutes so that they are not overcooked.
- The canned green bean water can be used as liquid in place of additional broth.
NotesThis recipe came from a friend of many years. Talitha was Greek and said her grandmother made this.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More