- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 TBS flour
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 TBS kosher salt
- Lamb chops, enough for 2 lbs of 2 inch pieces after fat and bone is trimmed. Your butcher may do this for you, at least ask.
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 cloves of crushed garlic, more if you like garlic, a little less if you don't
- 1 1/2 cups of Chicken broth
- l 1/2 lb of uncooked, fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half.
- 1 lb small red potatoes, cut into pieces
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a plastic bag mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Put cut up lamb in the bag and shake untill all pieces are coated.
- Brown lamb in a heavy, large skillet then remove.
- In the skillet saute the onion and garlic with the olive oil until onion is opaque and garlic is slightly browned.
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Mix lamb, potatoes and beans together and add to broth reducing heat to simmer or low.
- Cover and cook for 45 minutes.
- Baste occasionally so nothing drys out.
- If the liquid gets low, add more broth.
- When you reach a cooking time of 35 minutes ADD the lemon juice.
- Place on platter and serve.
- NOTE you can use canned green beans in place of fresh-HOWEVER, do not add them until the last 10 minutes so that they are not overcooked.
- The canned green bean water can be used as liquid in place of additional broth.
NotesThis recipe came from a friend of many years. Talitha was Greek and said her grandmother made this.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
My Family CookbookSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More