- Cooking Time: 10-12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tbsp sunflower or olive oil
- 300g/11oz lamb, finely chopped or minced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g/4oz peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 5 sheets of filo pastry, measuring 25cm/10inx50cm/20in
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- Heat sunflower or olive oil in a frying pan. Add the lamb, onion and ground spices. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook for about ten minutes without a lid until the lamb is just cooked and the juices from the lamb have evaporated from the pan.
- Add the peas and mix well.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the chopped coriander and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper again to taste. Set aside for a minute to let the lamb cool.
- Lay the filo pastry out on a clean board and cut in half lengthways, then in half once more widthways, so that you have four rectangles from each whole sheet. Cover all the pieces of filo with a barely damp tea towel (to prevent them from drying out).
- Place one sheet of filo pastry lengthways in front of you. Pile a dessertspoon of the lamb
- mixture onto the end closest to you. Roll the pastry from the end closest to you,
- once, then fold in both the long sides and then roll over and over, away from you,
- into a little parcel. Brush the finishing edge with a little of the beaten egg to seal
- and then place on a baking tray. Brush the finished samosa with beaten egg and
- repeat the process until no pastry and meat remains.
- These can be prepared earlier in the day up to this point and chilled in the fridge.
- To cook, place the baking tray with the samosas into an oven preheated to 220C/425F/Gas 7 for 10-12 minutes until golden brown in colour.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More