- Cooking Time: 10-12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tbsp sunflower or olive oil
- 300g/11oz lamb, finely chopped or minced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g/4oz peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 5 sheets of filo pastry, measuring 25cm/10inx50cm/20in
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- Heat sunflower or olive oil in a frying pan. Add the lamb, onion and ground spices. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook for about ten minutes without a lid until the lamb is just cooked and the juices from the lamb have evaporated from the pan.
- Add the peas and mix well.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the chopped coriander and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper again to taste. Set aside for a minute to let the lamb cool.
- Lay the filo pastry out on a clean board and cut in half lengthways, then in half once more widthways, so that you have four rectangles from each whole sheet. Cover all the pieces of filo with a barely damp tea towel (to prevent them from drying out).
- Place one sheet of filo pastry lengthways in front of you. Pile a dessertspoon of the lamb
- mixture onto the end closest to you. Roll the pastry from the end closest to you,
- once, then fold in both the long sides and then roll over and over, away from you,
- into a little parcel. Brush the finishing edge with a little of the beaten egg to seal
- and then place on a baking tray. Brush the finished samosa with beaten egg and
- repeat the process until no pastry and meat remains.
- These can be prepared earlier in the day up to this point and chilled in the fridge.
- To cook, place the baking tray with the samosas into an oven preheated to 220C/425F/Gas 7 for 10-12 minutes until golden brown in colour.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More