- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- AUSTRALIAN LAMB
- • 8 Australian lamb shanks
- • ½ cup olive oil
- • 4 cups carrots, diced
- • 6 cloves garlic, diced
- • ½ cup onions, diced
- • 1 cup red wine
- • 14 ounces tomatoes, canned, crushed
- • 6 cups beef broth
- • 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- • 16 ounces orzo pasta
- SEASONED FLOUR
- • 1 cup flour
- • ½ tablespoon paprika
- • pinch cayenne pepper
- • 2 teaspoons salt
- • ¼ teaspoon black pepper, crushed
- 1.Preheat oven to 475°F.
- 2.In a large bowl, mix seasoned flour ingredients and liberally coat shanks with it.
- 3.In skillet, heat olive oil and sear shanks on all sides, about 15 minutes. Remove meat from skillet, discard fat. Add carrots, garlic, onions, and sauté for 5 minutes. Deglaze pan with red wine. Return the meat to skillet. Add tomatoes and beef broth. Braise for 55 minutes. Transfer from skillet to baking dish. Add feta cheese. Bake for 35 minutes in 475°F oven.
- 4.Serve over cooked orzo.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More