- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- AUSTRALIAN LAMB
- • 8 Australian lamb shanks
- • ½ cup olive oil
- • 4 cups carrots, diced
- • 6 cloves garlic, diced
- • ½ cup onions, diced
- • 1 cup red wine
- • 14 ounces tomatoes, canned, crushed
- • 6 cups beef broth
- • 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- • 16 ounces orzo pasta
- SEASONED FLOUR
- • 1 cup flour
- • ½ tablespoon paprika
- • pinch cayenne pepper
- • 2 teaspoons salt
- • ¼ teaspoon black pepper, crushed
- 1.Preheat oven to 475°F.
- 2.In a large bowl, mix seasoned flour ingredients and liberally coat shanks with it.
- 3.In skillet, heat olive oil and sear shanks on all sides, about 15 minutes. Remove meat from skillet, discard fat. Add carrots, garlic, onions, and sauté for 5 minutes. Deglaze pan with red wine. Return the meat to skillet. Add tomatoes and beef broth. Braise for 55 minutes. Transfer from skillet to baking dish. Add feta cheese. Bake for 35 minutes in 475°F oven.
- 4.Serve over cooked orzo.
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More