LARGE & IN CHARGE CHICKEN QUESADILLAS
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- -Package of boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins
- -8 to 10 inch flat tortillas of your choice (depends on how large you want the quesadillas to be and if they will fit in your frying pan when laid flat)
- -Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese (1 bag)
- -1 yellow or red pepper (optional)
- -1 onion (optional)
- -1 container of Caesar Dressing
- Cut the chicken breast tenderloins into small 1 inch or less pieces. Pour the caesar dressing into a bowl and drop all the little chicken pieces into the bowl. Use your hands to get the pieces of chicken covered in the dressing and let them set there while you chop your veggies. Pour a little olive oil or veggie oil into a frying pan. Chop the pepper and onion into small pieces and throw them in the frying pan. Then add the pieces of marinated chicken and throw away the rest of the dressing (you can dribble a little extra in the pan if you desire). Cook on medium heat until chicken and veggies are cooked, then reduce heat to low.
- In ANOTHER frying pan (perhaps a larger one) heat a bit a butter and when it is melted, place 1 whole tortilla in the frying pan (it will probably fill the whole pan). Keep heat at low medium for your tortilla pan and sprinkle shredded cheese so the surface of the tortilla is lightly covered. Add 1/3 or half of the chicken and veggies from the other pan (depending on how much you want) on top of the cheese evenly across the whole tortilla. Sprinkle on another layer of shredded cheese. Put another whole tortilla on top and wait until cheese is melted beneath to gentle press the top tortilla into the bottom tortilla so they are lightly melded together.
- Now comes the hard part-- get a spatula and FLIP the whole thing over so the top can get a little cooked too. (I have done this many times, so trust me, it is possible as long as you have let the cheese melt long enough.) After another minute or so, use the spatula to put the whole thing on a plate. Use a pizza cutter to cut the quesadillas into four triangles (or more if you choose). Serve with guacamole, sour cream, and refried beans for a delicious Mexican meal.
- Repeat with other tortillas, the rest of the cheese, and the rest of the veggies and chicken bits to make more quesadillas.
- It sounds A LOT more complicated than it actually is and the end result is soooo good! The caesar dressing may seem like a strange addition, but trust me, it tastes great and you would never realize caesar dressing was even used in the recipe when you are eating it. It only takes about half an hour (or slightly more) to do everything.
NotesThese quesadillas are one of my signature dishes. I started making them in college because they aren't too difficult and they make a great and filling meal. Basically, I already knew what goes in chicken quesadillas and I just added my own flare and technique to everything to make a new recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More