- Cooking Time: 10 to 12
- Servings: 2 dozen
- Preparation Time: 12
- Popcorn cookies, Low Fat Recipe
- Yield:24 Servings
- 3 c Popped popcorn; unsalted
- 2 egg white
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 ts cinnamon
- 1/4 ts salt
- 1 ts vanilla
- One cup at a time, grind the popcorn in a blender at low speed until it's
- fine. The goal is 1-1/2 cups of finely ground popcorn.
- In a medium bowl, beat 2 egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Make a meringue by gradually adding 1/4 cup sugar; beat until egg whites
- are stiff. Next, beat in cinnamon, salt and vanilla. Gently fold in ground
- popcorn and 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut. Place rounded
- tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet (or use parchment paper).
- Bake at 325 degrees 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
NotesI wanted to try making some cookies, but wanted to make something different, and wondered if there was such a thing, as popcorn cookies. Well,
I found this recipe in my collection, and decided to make them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More