- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 15 ounce cans Tomato Sauce
- 1 15 ounce can Chopped Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large box lasagna noodles
- 1 large container Ricotta cheese
- 24 ounces freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- Divide noodles in three parts.
- 2. Brown ground beef with onions and garlic. Set aside.
- 3. Pour 1 can of tomato sauce in bottom of large baking pan.
- 4. Place one third of noodles in bottom of baking pan.
- 5. Spread browned ground beef mixture onto uncooked noodles.
- 6. Pour can of chopped tomatoes on top of meat mixture and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning on meat.
- 7. Place 1/3 of noodles on top of meat mixture.
- 8. Spread Ricotta cheese over noodles.
- 9. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning on Ricotta cheese.
- 10 Place remaining of noodles over Ricotta cheese.
- 11. Pour second can of tomato sauce over noodles.
- 12. Sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese over noodles.
- 13. Place clear plastic food wrap over top and fold back, so NONE of it touches the edges of pan.
- 14. Cover and seal around pan with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- 15. Bake in 350ºF pre-heated oven for 1 1/2 hours.
NotesSome people hesitate to make lasagna, because they find it too time consuming. Several years ago we received this recipe from our friend Carol K.
Growers' Giveback Potluck
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More