- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (12 ounce) tube of large crescent roll dough
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9.5" pie dish with non-stick spray and line the dish with the crescent roll triangles. You are forming the crust for your pie. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Season the ground beef with salt and pepper. Cook the beef over medium heat until browned/cooked through. Drain.
- Remove the pie crust from oven and add the cooked beef on top of the crust. Form an even layer with the meat. Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella over top of the meat. Place back in the oven for about 5 minutes. You just want to melt the cheese layer.
- Remove the pie from the oven and add a layer of ricotta cheese (depending on how much you care for ricotta, adjust the amount). Pour the sauce over top of the the ricotta, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Next, add the rest of the mozzarella over the top of your pie and sprinkle with another teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- Bake the pie for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted. Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes before slicing.
NotesThis is another recipe I found on Pinterest and it is so easy to make and delicious! I like the taste of lasagna without the noodles! My family gave it 2 thumbs up and it will be added in our dinner rotation! Yummy! I tried a new marinara sauce and it was soooo good! Paul Newman (Newman's Own) sauce is out of this world good! We tried the Alfredo version at school and it was just as good as the marinara! Both will be my go to sauces from now on!
Krista has a really yummy blog if you want to check it out with the link I provided!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
culinary karmaSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More