- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 12 ounces ziti (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 26-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 bunch spinach, thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella (4 ounces)
- 1.Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- 2.Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the beef, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon until it's not longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes.
- 3.Toss the pasta with the meat mixture, marinara sauce, spinach, ricotta, and ¼ cup of the Parmesan. Transfer to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish or 4 large ramekins. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and the remaining ¼ cup of the Parmesan and bake until the cheese melts, 12 to 15 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
The Naked MacaronSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More