- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 500g minced beef (not too fat)
- 100g bacon finely chopped
- 1 or 2 stalks of celery
- 2 carrots grated
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 2 tins of whole tomatoes (ca 400g each)
- 1 small tin of tomato pure
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp paprika sweet powder
- 1 tsp (or more) basil (dried)
- 1 tsp (or more if desired) parsley (dried)
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Bechamel Sauce:
- 80g flour
- 80g butter
- ca 1 litre milk
- grated cheese by taste (My new favourite is a provolone dolce cheese (ca 100g))
- salt to taste, depending on the cheese used.
- Chop the onion, garlic, celery and bacon small. Grate the carrot. In a deep pan fry the veggies with bacon til golden, add minced meat and make sure to destroy every meat lump wanting to form. Dust with black pepper while frying. When fried through add tinned tomatoes with juice (make sure not to crush them), tomatoe pure and herbs and spices. Stir and blend. Let simmer for at least half an hour. If then there are still whole tomatoes left, then you can chop them up with the ladle.
- Meanwhile make the Bechamel Sauce: Melt the butter in a pot, add flour and stir and blend, add some milk and stir til it has combined, then add more milk, always a little at a time, so no lumps will build. Continue til you have a smooth sauce. Then add cheese and melt in the sauce. Maybe you have to add more milk. Be careful not to have the heat too high, at first it´s real action to combine the flour/butter ball with the milk.
- The quantity of the cheese may not be too big, then the Lasagne is very heavy and sits like a rock in your stomack :-)
- Now you will take an oven proof rectangle form and start with 2 spoons of Bechamel sauce, then Lasagne plates then meat sauce, then Bechamel sauce, then Lasagne plates... Note try not to put too much meat on each layer at a time, that way you can have more of the Lasagne plates and the Lasagne will be lighter.
- Finish with Lasagne plates and Bechamel sauce. Top with grated cheese (there Gouda is my favourite but you can use any mild cheese you like)
- I manage to make at least 4 to 5 layers of Lasagne plates, that makes almost one pck.
- Now bake this dear in the oven at 200°C for ca 20 min.. or according to cooking of the Lasagne Plates.
- Take out a few minutes before serving. Enjoy with a cool mineral water or a glass of Chianti or other Italian Red Wine.
Making Lasagne is as individual as every person is. I have developed my own style of making it and I will share it with you
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More