- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package - Italian Sausage
- 1 Garlic, minced
- 1 can tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans tomato paste (6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces Lasagna Noodles (10 to 12 noodles)
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces Mozzarella Cheese-shredded
- 1/4 lb. Prosciutto *optional
- Brown Italian sausage slowly; drain off excess fat.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt and tomato paste.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. (Add a little water if too thick)
- Cook Lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, parsley, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Place a layer of noodles in bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking dish or lasagna pan.
- Cover noodles with a layer of Mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon Â½ of ricotta mixture over Mozzarella.
- Spoon Â½ meat sauce over the cheese.
- Layer 2:
- Noodles, Prosciutto, Mozzarella, Ricotta, Meat Sauce
- Layer 3:
- Noodles, Mozzarella, Ricotta, Meat Sauce
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in a 375 degree oven. Cool a few minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Jean’s Recipe File
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More