- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is something I make when I'm running late and need to get dinner on the table quickly. Served with a simple green salad, it certainly doesn't taste like a last minute dinner!
- 1 lb. spaghetti (I use whole wheat)
- 5-6 slices of bacon, cut into bite size strips
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cloves thinly sliced garlic
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Cook spaghetti in salted water until al dente. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
- In large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Add garlic, shallots, pepper,salt and cook until fragrant.
- Remove pan from heat and add the pasta, reserved water, and egg, stirring until mixture thickens but the egg does not scramble. Top with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano as desired.