- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. spaghetti (I use whole wheat)
- 5-6 slices of bacon, cut into bite size strips
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cloves thinly sliced garlic
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Cook spaghetti in salted water until al dente. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
- In large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Add garlic, shallots, pepper,salt and cook until fragrant.
- Remove pan from heat and add the pasta, reserved water, and egg, stirring until mixture thickens but the egg does not scramble. Top with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano as desired.
NotesThis is something I make when I'm running late and need to get dinner on the table quickly. Served with a simple green salad, it certainly doesn't taste like a last minute dinner!
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More