- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. spaghetti (I use whole wheat)
- 5-6 slices of bacon, cut into bite size strips
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cloves thinly sliced garlic
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Cook spaghetti in salted water until al dente. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
- In large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Add garlic, shallots, pepper,salt and cook until fragrant.
- Remove pan from heat and add the pasta, reserved water, and egg, stirring until mixture thickens but the egg does not scramble. Top with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano as desired.
NotesThis is something I make when I'm running late and need to get dinner on the table quickly. Served with a simple green salad, it certainly doesn't taste like a last minute dinner!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More