- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Vanilla cake Mix
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/3 c. oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. coconut flakes
- 1 package frozen strawberries (thawed)
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 lime (juice only; lemon is fine also)
- 1 8oz. pkg cream cheese
- 3/4 c. confectioner's sugar (sifted)
- 1/2 t Pina Colada candy flavoring
- 3/4 c. pineapple chunks (drained)
- 1/2 container frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 24 maraschino cherries (w/ stem)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine cake mix, coconut milk, and oil until well blended
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition
- Fold in 1 c. coconut flakes until just combined
- Divide equally amongst 24 lined cupcake wells
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, and cool on a wire rack
- Slice all strawberries in half (reserve 24 halves for garnish) and place in a saucepan over medium heat with sugar and lime juice. Simmer until strawberries are really soft.
- Prick each cupcake with the back of a handle of a wooden spoon - all the way to the bottom.
- Slowly push a cooked strawberry half into each cupcake, and allow to cool
- For frosting, beat cream cheese until soft and creamy.
- Add sugar a little at a time until well incorporated.
- Crush pineapple chunks, reserving 8 chunks for topping
- Beat or fold in whipped cream (I prefer the abundance or bubbles in my frosting)
- Frost cupcakes, roll sides in rest of coconut flakes, and top with strawberry slice, and cherry.
- Slice reserved chunks in thirds and top with other fruits.
NotesGot a request for this one. Haven't perfected the scratch recipe yet, so here's the original boxed recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More