LAVA FLOW CUPCAKES
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Vanilla cake Mix
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/3 c. oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. coconut flakes
- 1 package frozen strawberries (thawed)
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 lime (juice only; lemon is fine also)
- 1 8oz. pkg cream cheese
- 3/4 c. confectioner's sugar (sifted)
- 1/2 t Pina Colada candy flavoring
- 3/4 c. pineapple chunks (drained)
- 1/2 container frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 24 maraschino cherries (w/ stem)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine cake mix, coconut milk, and oil until well blended
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition
- Fold in 1 c. coconut flakes until just combined
- Divide equally amongst 24 lined cupcake wells
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, and cool on a wire rack
- Slice all strawberries in half (reserve 24 halves for garnish) and place in a saucepan over medium heat with sugar and lime juice. Simmer until strawberries are really soft.
- Prick each cupcake with the back of a handle of a wooden spoon - all the way to the bottom.
- Slowly push a cooked strawberry half into each cupcake, and allow to cool
- For frosting, beat cream cheese until soft and creamy.
- Add sugar a little at a time until well incorporated.
- Crush pineapple chunks, reserving 8 chunks for topping
- Beat or fold in whipped cream (I prefer the abundance or bubbles in my frosting)
- Frost cupcakes, roll sides in rest of coconut flakes, and top with strawberry slice, and cherry.
- Slice reserved chunks in thirds and top with other fruits.
NotesGot a request for this one. Haven't perfected the scratch recipe yet, so here's the original boxed recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More