- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Vanilla cake Mix
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/3 c. oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. coconut flakes
- 1 package frozen strawberries (thawed)
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 lime (juice only; lemon is fine also)
- 1 8oz. pkg cream cheese
- 3/4 c. confectioner's sugar (sifted)
- 1/2 t Pina Colada candy flavoring
- 3/4 c. pineapple chunks (drained)
- 1/2 container frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 24 maraschino cherries (w/ stem)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine cake mix, coconut milk, and oil until well blended
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition
- Fold in 1 c. coconut flakes until just combined
- Divide equally amongst 24 lined cupcake wells
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, and cool on a wire rack
- Slice all strawberries in half (reserve 24 halves for garnish) and place in a saucepan over medium heat with sugar and lime juice. Simmer until strawberries are really soft.
- Prick each cupcake with the back of a handle of a wooden spoon - all the way to the bottom.
- Slowly push a cooked strawberry half into each cupcake, and allow to cool
- For frosting, beat cream cheese until soft and creamy.
- Add sugar a little at a time until well incorporated.
- Crush pineapple chunks, reserving 8 chunks for topping
- Beat or fold in whipped cream (I prefer the abundance or bubbles in my frosting)
- Frost cupcakes, roll sides in rest of coconut flakes, and top with strawberry slice, and cherry.
- Slice reserved chunks in thirds and top with other fruits.
NotesGot a request for this one. Haven't perfected the scratch recipe yet, so here's the original boxed recipe.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Decadent Desserts Made FromSee More
Pho - Vietnamese Beef Noodle
Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
Jim's Easy Vegetable Green Thai CurrySee More