- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryDelicious slushy cold drink! I made this on vacation at the beach and everyone loved it! I love cream of coconut! It is so good and this drink tasted like a strawberry pina colada without the alcohol! I'm sure you could add some alcohol and it would be delicious as well!
Strawberries, pineapple and coconut is a marriage made in heaven! Add some half and half and you have created a drink that people want more and more and this makes plenty! I've had this recipe saved for a very long time and I don't know what took me so long to make it!
I can not put into words how refreshing this drink is especially on a hot summer day!
- 3 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cans (15-ounces each) cream of coconut (like Coco Lopez brand)
- 1 cup half-and-half, fat-free or regular
- 24 ounces frozen strawberries in syrup, slightly thawed until slushy in texture
- 1/2 cup water
- Whipped cream for topping, if desired
- In a blender, puree the slightly thawed strawberries with 1/2 cup water. The mixture should be syrupy and thick. Transfer to a bowl or pitcher and set aside.
- In a separate pitcher, whisk together the pineapple juice, cream of coconut and half-and-half. In a blender (washed from pureeing the strawberries), fill up halfway with ice. Pour in the coconut/pineapple mixture until it comes up to an even height with the ice. I did a half of blender of ice than coconut mixture to fill the blender.
- Blend until slushy (add more coconut/pineapple mixture if it is too thick to blend easily).
- Pour about an inch of the strawberry syrup mixture into a glass. Pour the icy coconut/pineapple mixture into the center of the strawberry mixture in the cup until the cup is filled. If desired, gently swirl the mixture with a straw.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired, and serve immediately.