LAVENDER -LEMON CUPCAKES WITH LIMONCELLO FROSTING
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups lavender sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter -- room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated lemon peel
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Line 18-standard muffin cups with paper liners.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl.
Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. DO NOT OVERBEAT. Beat in dry ingredients in 3 additions alternately with buttermilk in 2 additions. Beat in lemon juice and lemon peel.
Divide batter among liners. Bake cupcakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 15-18 minutes.
Transfer to rack and cool completely before frosting.