- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c Pastry Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp Lavender Sugar
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 1/3 c Cream or Milk
- 1 Tbsp Lavender Buds
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and Lavender Sugar.
- With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Meanwhile, bring the cream and Culinary Lavender just to a boil.
- Remove from heat and allow Lavender flavor to infuse for 20 minutes.
- Then strain out lavender flowers and discard them.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs and Lavender cream until well blended.
- Stir cream mixture into dry ingredients until they are moistened.
- Divide the dough into two 8-inch rounds on a greased baking sheet.
- Cut the dough with a sharp knife into 8 wedges. Brush the top with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 400 F for 10 to 15 minutes or until the scones are a golden brown.
- Over baking will result in dry scones.
- Oven temperatures DO vary so remember to check your scones at least five minutes before your baking time is up.