- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c Pastry Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp Lavender Sugar
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 1/3 c Cream or Milk
- 1 Tbsp Lavender Buds
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and Lavender Sugar.
- With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Meanwhile, bring the cream and Culinary Lavender just to a boil.
- Remove from heat and allow Lavender flavor to infuse for 20 minutes.
- Then strain out lavender flowers and discard them.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs and Lavender cream until well blended.
- Stir cream mixture into dry ingredients until they are moistened.
- Divide the dough into two 8-inch rounds on a greased baking sheet.
- Cut the dough with a sharp knife into 8 wedges. Brush the top with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 400 F for 10 to 15 minutes or until the scones are a golden brown.
- Over baking will result in dry scones.
- Oven temperatures DO vary so remember to check your scones at least five minutes before your baking time is up.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Beef and Peppers in Black Bean Sauce
Toasted ReubensSee More