- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups milk
- 2/3 Cup cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup fresh lavender blossoms
- Heavy sauce pan
- Bowl for combining yolks and sugar
- Strainer if desired
- Ice cream maker of your choice.
- Combine milk, cream and lavender flowers in a heavy saucepan.
- Gently warm mixture on medium heat, until foamy.
- In separate bowl, mix eggs until well blended and thick.
- Add sugar to eggs, stirring well.
- Strain milk/cream, to remove lavender blossoms, if desired.
- Add 1/2 cup of warm milk/cream mixture to eggs, blend thoroughly.
- Finally, add this egg mixture to the remaining milk/cream mixture to the pan.
- Cool completely in refrigerator, before pouring into your favorite ice cream maker.
NotesThis is a great recipe for summer or spring. Your home will smell delightful! In the movie "it's Complicated," Jane (Meryl Streep) is a mother with three grown kids who also owns a thriving Santa Barbara bakery/restaurant. This is one of her recipes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More