- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups firm, ripe nectarines in 3/4 inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 6 tbsp. vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp. dried lavender flower buds
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, chilled
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a large bowl, combine the nectarines, blueberries, vanilla sugar, and lavender. Taste for sweetness. Stir in flour. Pour filling into a 1 and quart ceramic baking or gratin dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the cold butter with a pastry blender or two knives. Combine the milk and egg, and stir into the flour mixture to form a soft dough. Spoon or shape rounds of dough by hand and place on top of the fruit. The dough should cover the entire top, but leave spaces to let the fruit bubble up during the baking.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until the topping is cooked through and lightly browned, and the filling bubbles up.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More