- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 (16 oz.) can refried beans
- 1 (16 oz.) can chili without beans
- 1 can chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 3 medium-ripe avocados
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1/2 t. garlic salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 C. shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped.
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can sliced black olives, well drained
- Lightly grease shallow serving platter or 9 x 13 glass baking dish. Brown meat in large skillet. Drain excess fat and stir in refried beans, chili, taco seasoning, and green chilies.
- Spoon evenly ino prepared platter. Spoon picante sauce over top.
- Peel, pit, and mash avocados in bowl. Add lemon juice, garlic salt, and pepper. Stir in sour cream. Spread avocado mixture over meat layer, leaving a narrow border. Sprinkle with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and ripe olives. Serve with corn chips or your favorite scoop for a taco type dip.
- This makes a big dip and it is a tried and true recipe. I often make the layers up to through the avocado layer, then have my daughter use her artistic flair with the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and olives. One of my favorite presentations is when she makes diagonal bands of each of the condiments over the dip. The colors are awesome and the dip is tasty and filling.
NotesI found this recipe years ago in a Junior League Cookbook. With a few changes, this has become a favorite of many. This is often a special request for the New Years Eve party.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Cooking for a CureSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More