- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. (6 1/2 oz) cornbread and muffin mix
- 1 c. mayo
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 pkg. (0.4oz) dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 large tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 c. chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 c. chopped green onion
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 1/4 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare cornbread and let cool. (for added flavor, add some chopped jalapenos to cornbread dough before baking.)
- For dressing stir together mayo, sour cream and dressing mix; set aside.
- In a different bowl combine tomatoes, bell pepper and onion. Measure 1/2 the tomato mixture and set aside.
- Crumble cornbread into 1-inch pieces and arrange half over bottom of extra large serving bowl. Layer with half the pinto beans, half the corn, 3/4 c. shredded cheese and half the remaining tomato mixture.
- Repeat layers ending with the dressing. Sprinkle the reserved 1/2 c. tomato mixture and remaining 1/2 c. cheese. Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours.
NotesThe longer cornbread salad sits the better it is. Make this the day before serving it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More