- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. (6 1/2 oz) cornbread and muffin mix
- 1 c. mayo
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 pkg. (0.4oz) dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 large tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 c. chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 c. chopped green onion
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 1/4 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare cornbread and let cool. (for added flavor, add some chopped jalapenos to cornbread dough before baking.)
- For dressing stir together mayo, sour cream and dressing mix; set aside.
- In a different bowl combine tomatoes, bell pepper and onion. Measure 1/2 the tomato mixture and set aside.
- Crumble cornbread into 1-inch pieces and arrange half over bottom of extra large serving bowl. Layer with half the pinto beans, half the corn, 3/4 c. shredded cheese and half the remaining tomato mixture.
- Repeat layers ending with the dressing. Sprinkle the reserved 1/2 c. tomato mixture and remaining 1/2 c. cheese. Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours.
NotesThe longer cornbread salad sits the better it is. Make this the day before serving it.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More