- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1 3/4 lbs.
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ½ tsp butter or margarine, softened*
- 2 cups (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 3 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 to 2 drops green food coloring
- Line a 9-inch square pan* with foil; grease the foil with butter or margarine and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and 1 cup sweetened condensed milk over low heat; cook and stir for 5 to 6 minutes or until smooth; remove from heat.
- Add vanilla; stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until creamy.
- Spread half of the mixture into prepared pan; refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm; set remaining chocolate mixture aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt vanilla chips and remaining sweetened condensed milk over low heat; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until smooth (mixture will be thick).
- Remove from heat; add peppermint extract and food coloring; stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until creamy; spread evenly over chocolate layer; refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Heat reserved chocolate mixture over low heat until mixture achieves spreading consistency; spread over mint layer; cover and refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-inch squares; store in refrigerator.
NotesI found this recipe on 'Taste Of Home' and was submitted by Denise Hanson of Anoka, Minnesota. It's the most delicious and decadent fudge ever! Family and I loved it! *Instead of using butter or margarine, I just used nonstick cooking spray; and I also used an 8 X 8-inch baking dish, and it worked just fine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
The Social Cookbook
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More