LAYERED MINT FUDGE
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1 3/4 lbs.
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ½ tsp butter or margarine, softened*
- 2 cups (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 3 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 to 2 drops green food coloring
- Line a 9-inch square pan* with foil; grease the foil with butter or margarine and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and 1 cup sweetened condensed milk over low heat; cook and stir for 5 to 6 minutes or until smooth; remove from heat.
- Add vanilla; stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until creamy.
- Spread half of the mixture into prepared pan; refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm; set remaining chocolate mixture aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt vanilla chips and remaining sweetened condensed milk over low heat; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until smooth (mixture will be thick).
- Remove from heat; add peppermint extract and food coloring; stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until creamy; spread evenly over chocolate layer; refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Heat reserved chocolate mixture over low heat until mixture achieves spreading consistency; spread over mint layer; cover and refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-inch squares; store in refrigerator.
NotesI found this recipe on 'Taste Of Home' and was submitted by Denise Hanson of Anoka, Minnesota. It's the most delicious and decadent fudge ever! Family and I loved it! *Instead of using butter or margarine, I just used nonstick cooking spray; and I also used an 8 X 8-inch baking dish, and it worked just fine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More