- Cooking Time: 20 minutes + chilling
- Servings: 81 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 to 2 drops green food coloring
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; grease the foil with butter and set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and 1 cup milk over low heat; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until smooth. Remove from the heat. Add vanilla; stir for 3-4 minutes or until creamy. Spread half of the mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm. Set remaining chocolate mixture aside.
- In a another heavy saucepan, melt vanilla chips and remaining milk over low heat; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until smooth (mixture will be thick).
- Remove from the heat. Add peppermint extract and food coloring; stir for 3-4 minutes or until creamy. Spread evenly over chocolate layer. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Heat reserved chocolate mixture over low heat until mixture achieves spreading consistency; spread over mint layer. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator.
NotesI make this festive fudge year-round, but especially at Christmas. I've brought it to many different gatherings and am asked for the recipe every time. I've also entered it in our local fair and won the blue ribbon!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More