- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryYou can certainly roast your own peppers and make your own salsa blend, cook your own beans, etc. Or you can do it all the easy way
- 3 pounds ground chuck
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 chipotle chile canned in adobo
- 1 cup salsa, hot
- 3 cans chili beans in zesty sauce (ranch style with sliced jalapeños)
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno, sliced
- Zaz’s Chili Powder blend to taste
- Brown hamburger with 1 tablespoon Chili Powder, add diced onions and cook until translucent. Add minced (or smashed) garlic toward end of browning. Drain well.
- Add canned chiles with liquid, adobo sauce and minced jalapeno. Add more or less to your test. Start small and add.
- Stir in salsa of your choice. The hotter the better. Oh, and add another tablespoon of Chili Powder to taste.
- Stir in chili beans. I like the brand Ranch Style and their sliced jalapeno variety. Otherwise, add sliced pickled jalapenos to taste.
- Let cook till hot and bubbly. Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream.