- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis cake is my dad´s favorite! My grandmom used to bake a few at a time of this one as they were 8 brothers and sisters and everybody loved this one. So here is a real Icelandic cake :)
Great with a glass of cold milk, or a good cup of coffee.
- 300g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 250g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 decilitres (or 200ml) milk
- 50g margarine (or butter)
- 125g margarine
- 100g grated dried coconut
- 125g dark brown sugar (moist)
- 4 tbsp milk
- Beat sugar and eggs fluffy and light. Combine in another bowl flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar. Melt the margarine in the milk over very low heat, note may not cook, only enough to melt the margarine.
- Combine all ingredients sifting the flour. Put in a buttered and flour dusted round cake pan (e.g. Spring form)
- Bake for 20 minutes at 175°C
- Meanwhile make the topping. Melt all topping ingredients in a pot until all is well combined, sugar is melted and butter also and it´s almost a caramel.
- Put it on top of the dough in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes at 200°C