- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 eggplant
- 1 onion, cut in half and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed, chopped, and smashed again
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (or to taste)
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil (I use olive oil)
- Prick an eggplant and roast on a foil lined pan in the oven at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, cook garlic and onion in oil until soft (10-15 minutes).
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are really mushy. (You can just let it on the stove on low and stir once in awhile while your eggplant is cooking).
- When eggplant is done, let rest for five minutes and then peel (the peel should come right off or you can scrape it out with a spoon).
- Chop and mash the flesh and add it to the vegetables. (If watery, drain off the liquid). Season with turmeric, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Beat eggs and add to the hot mixture. Stir constantly on medium high until all of the eggs are fully cooked. Taste for seasoning. Serve over Jasmine rice. Serve with yogurt, sliced cucumbers and pureed mint if desired.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More