- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 premade pie crusts
- 1/4 lb favorite cheese
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 onion
- 4 eggs (or use egg substitute)
- 2 cps Fat Free 1/2 and 1/2
- Season to taste (I used herbs de providence and S&P)
- 1. Precook the crusts for 10 minutes at 400.
- 2. Grate or crumble about a quarter pound of your favorite cheese.
- 3. Sauté your vegetables first so the water evaporates. Favorite combos are leeks (or onions) and spinach or chard…or really any vegetable you want. I use whatever is in my garden. Don’t cook too long. (If you have leftover veggies, you can use those).
- 4. To make the custard: use 4 eggs, beaten (depending on the size) to 2 cups of half and half. You will get the same consistency as half and half. Season to taste.
- 5. Cool the crusts for 5-10 minutes before assembling. Put the veggies on the bottom, add cheese on top, and pour the egg mixture evenly between the two pans.
- 6. Cook for 40 minutes at 350, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
NotesBy Girl Gone Child
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More