- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryBy Girl Gone Child
- 2 premade pie crusts
- 1/4 lb favorite cheese
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 onion
- 4 eggs (or use egg substitute)
- 2 cps Fat Free 1/2 and 1/2
- Season to taste (I used herbs de providence and S&P)
- 1. Precook the crusts for 10 minutes at 400.
- 2. Grate or crumble about a quarter pound of your favorite cheese.
- 3. Sauté your vegetables first so the water evaporates. Favorite combos are leeks (or onions) and spinach or chard…or really any vegetable you want. I use whatever is in my garden. Don’t cook too long. (If you have leftover veggies, you can use those).
- 4. To make the custard: use 4 eggs, beaten (depending on the size) to 2 cups of half and half. You will get the same consistency as half and half. Season to taste.
- 5. Cool the crusts for 5-10 minutes before assembling. Put the veggies on the bottom, add cheese on top, and pour the egg mixture evenly between the two pans.
- 6. Cook for 40 minutes at 350, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.