LEARNING TO EAT ALLERGY FREE’S GLUTEN FREE NUT FREE, SOY FREE VEGAN AVOCADO CHICKPEA QUICKBREAD
- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryI got this recipe from Colette Martin of Learning To Eat Allergy-Free.
This was Recipe #12 in the "Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid" event.
Well this gluten free, nut free, soy free, vegan avocado chickpea quickbread is INCREDIBLE! Soft, moist, flavourful and versatile. You can jazz this vegan bread up with sweet or savoury spreads of your choice and enjoy with soup, make sandwiches, or slather with some jam with a cup of tea. I happily indulged in all three with my highly-coveted loaf. Can you believe that I had never used avocado in bread before like this? ASTONISHING....considering I have used them in everything else! LOL!
Check out Colette Martin at Learning to Cook Allergy-Free.
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour blend (192 grams)
- 1 cup hemp milk
- 3/4 cup garbanzo bean flour (90 grams)
- 1 medium avocado (mashed) (1/2 cup)
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 tsp Ener-G egg replacer mixed with 4 tbsp warm water
- 3 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp xantham gum
- ¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 180 / 350 F.
- Mash the avocado until it is mostly smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients and set them aside.
- Combine the wet ingredients in your stand mixer on a low speed.
- Add the avocado and blend for a minute on a medium speed.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and blend on a medium speed until smooth.
- Pour this batter into a well greased loaf tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 42-44 minutes.
- *This makes a smooth bread that can be served with strawberry jam for breakfast, sliced for sandwiches at lunch, or served as a side with dinner. YUMMO!