- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C sugar
- 1/2 C white karo (corn syrup)
- 1/2 C water
- 2 egg whites (stiffly beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C cherries
- 1/2 C chopped nuts
- Mix ingredients.
- Boil without stirring until click ball forms when tested in cold water.
- Slowly pour over 2 stiffly beaten egg whites, beating steadily.
- Beat until thick.
- Then add vanilla, candied cherries, and chopped nuts.
- Drop by spoonfuls on greased waxed paper.
Better to make on a dry day.
If you're not familiar with candy stages, use a candy thermometer.
Photo from What’s Cooking America: http://whatscookingamerica.net/Candy/Divinity.htm
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Short & SweetSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More