- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C sugar
- 1/2 C white karo (corn syrup)
- 1/2 C water
- 2 egg whites (stiffly beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C cherries
- 1/2 C chopped nuts
- Mix ingredients.
- Boil without stirring until click ball forms when tested in cold water.
- Slowly pour over 2 stiffly beaten egg whites, beating steadily.
- Beat until thick.
- Then add vanilla, candied cherries, and chopped nuts.
- Drop by spoonfuls on greased waxed paper.
Better to make on a dry day.
If you're not familiar with candy stages, use a candy thermometer.
Photo from What’s Cooking America: http://whatscookingamerica.net/Candy/Divinity.htm
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More