- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (11-ounce) can refrigerated breadstick dough (such as Pillsbury)
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek (about 1 large)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium peeled baking potato, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated Gruyère or Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Unroll dough, separating into strips. Let rest 5 minutes. Working on a flat surface, coil one strip of dough around itself in a spiral pattern. Add second strip of dough to end of first strip, pinching ends together to seal; continue coiling dough. Repeat procedure with remaining dough strips. Let rest 5 minutes. Roll into a 13-inch circle; fit into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Fold edges under; flute.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the leek, pepper, and potato; sauté 4 minutes. Spread leek mixture into prepared crust.
- Place the milk, egg substitute, cheeses, and mustard in a blender, and process until smooth. Pour milk mixture over leek mixture. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes; let stand for 10 minutes
NotesThis a fairly simple dish that could be modified many ways. I used Kroger shredded swiss cheese and refrigerated pizza dough as I could not find breadstick dough. The only problem I had with that was the dough would not stick up the sides of the pie plate. No matter, it still cooked up well and I was able to remove it from the pan with litte trouble. I also added some leftover green onions to the leeks. Some chopped bacon or ham would also make a nice addition, as well as some finely chopped broccoli. It would make a good brunch dish. The only thing I would watch for next time is the potatoes. They were still a bit firm in the end product. I will either have to suck it up and buy a mondoline to slice thinner or maybe sautee them in the pan longer.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More