- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 Large Russet Potatoes
- 1 Cup Leeks, cleaned and chopped (2 small leeks or 1 large leek)
- 1 Tbs Butter
- ½ Cup Sour Cream, reduced fat
- ½ Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar, reduced fat
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Cut and clean the leeks first.
- Then cook the potatoes in the microwave (or you can bake them in the oven at 350 wrapped in foil for an hour). To cook them in the microwave rinse the potatoes and pat them dry with a paper towel. With a fork poke a few holes in the top of the potatoes and microwave for 8-12 minutes. Mine took 10 minutes for larger ones, check them at the 8 minute mark-poke a fork in to see if they are done-if the fork doesn't easily go into the potato microwave them for an additional minute and then keep checking after a minute or two.
- As the potatoes are cooking, in a pan melt the butter and then add the leeks to the pan. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Saute the leeks for about 5-7 minutes, until they start to turn translucent. When the leeks are done cooking transfer to a bowl and mix with the sour cream.
- When potatoes are done cooking, put on a plate and cut down the center, sprinkle a little salt into the potato. Add half the leek and sour cream mixture and half the shredded cheddar to each potato, then serve and enjoy!
- (Optional-you can add a little green onion for garnish)
NotesUntil this past summer, I had never cooked with a leek. They intimidated me a little and I’d heard all sorts of things on how hard they were to clean and what parts one should/shouldn’t be eating. Then, this summer I kept seeing leeks pop up on the menu places we went and discovered I loved the flavor (it’s like a milder onion almost but has a very distinct ‘leek’ taste). I decided to purchase some at the local Farmers Market to see if I could work with them, I found I could and now purchase leeks to cook with whenever I see them!
On my blog I do a Five Ingredient Friday series where every Friday I post a recipe with Five Ingredients or less. This is one of the recipes I shared!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Koken met OmaSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More