- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe is from the February issue of Bon Appetit Magazine. This would make an excellent addition to any Brunch menu.
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 cup chopped leeks (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 12-ounce bunch thin asparagus, trimmed, cut on diagonal into 1-inch pieces (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup sliced stemmed shiitake mushrooms
- 8 large omega-3 eggs
- 1 cup diced Fontina cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Melt butter in heavy broilerproof 10-inch-diameter) nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add leeks and sauté 4 minutes.
- Add asparagus and shiitake mushrooms, sprinkle lightly with salt, and sauté until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, 3/4 cup Fontina cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in medium bowl.
- Add egg mixture to skillet; fold gently to combine. Cook until almost set.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Fontina cheese and Parmesan cheese over.
- Broil until frittata is puffed and cheese begins to turn golden, about 3 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- Substitute: Oyster or Button mushrooms for Shiitake