- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 cup chopped leeks (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 12-ounce bunch thin asparagus, trimmed, cut on diagonal into 1-inch pieces (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup sliced stemmed shiitake mushrooms
- 8 large omega-3 eggs
- 1 cup diced Fontina cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Melt butter in heavy broilerproof 10-inch-diameter) nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add leeks and sauté 4 minutes.
- Add asparagus and shiitake mushrooms, sprinkle lightly with salt, and sauté until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, 3/4 cup Fontina cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in medium bowl.
- Add egg mixture to skillet; fold gently to combine. Cook until almost set.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Fontina cheese and Parmesan cheese over.
- Broil until frittata is puffed and cheese begins to turn golden, about 3 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- Substitute: Oyster or Button mushrooms for Shiitake
NotesThis recipe is from the February issue of Bon Appetit Magazine. This would make an excellent addition to any Brunch menu.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mom's Cooking Secrets
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Cooking for a CureSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More