LEEK AND ASPARAGUS FRITTATA
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 cup chopped leeks (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 12-ounce bunch thin asparagus, trimmed, cut on diagonal into 1-inch pieces (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup sliced stemmed shiitake mushrooms
- 8 large omega-3 eggs
- 1 cup diced Fontina cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Melt butter in heavy broilerproof 10-inch-diameter) nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add leeks and sauté 4 minutes.
Add asparagus and shiitake mushrooms, sprinkle lightly with salt, and sauté until tender, about 6 minutes.
Whisk eggs, 3/4 cup Fontina cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in medium bowl.
Add egg mixture to skillet; fold gently to combine. Cook until almost set.
Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Fontina cheese and Parmesan cheese over.
Broil until frittata is puffed and cheese begins to turn golden, about 3 minutes.
Cut into wedges and serve.
Substitute: Oyster or Button mushrooms for Shiitake