- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWhat to do with leftover Prime Rib? It never tastes as good as it did that first night. We have Prime Rib for Christmas dinner and Easter dinner and I always have leftovers. Other than making sandwiches out of it, its hard to know what to do. Anyways....this is something I came up with that is really good!
- about 2 cups of leftover Prime Rib, cut into strips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup flour (or so)
- salt, pepper and garlic to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced or diced
- 1 can of sliced mushrooms, or 4 to 6 oz fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Saute onions and mushrooms in a small amount of olive oil. Remove from pan and set aside
- Mix eggs and milk and put in a shallow dish. Mix flour, salt, pepper and garlic to taste and put in another shallow dish. Coat Prime Rib strips in egg mixture then with flour.
- Add more Olive Oil to the pan and brown the Prime Rib strips until golden, over a medium high heat. The meat doesn't need to be cooked again, just browned.
- Add beef broth and stir up the bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir and cook for a minute or so. Add cream of mushroom soup and mix well. Return sauteed mushrooms and onions to the pan and heat through. Serve over pasta or rice.