LEFTOVER PRIME RIB STROGANOFF
Leftover Prime Rib Stroganoff
- about 2 cups of leftover Prime Rib, cut into strips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup flour (or so)
- salt, pepper and garlic to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced or diced
- 1 can of sliced mushrooms, or 4 to 6 oz fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
Saute onions and mushrooms in a small amount of olive oil. Remove from pan and set aside
Mix eggs and milk and put in a shallow dish. Mix flour, salt, pepper and garlic to taste and put in another shallow dish. Coat Prime Rib strips in egg mixture then with flour.
Add more Olive Oil to the pan and brown the Prime Rib strips until golden, over a medium high heat. The meat doesn't need to be cooked again, just browned.
Add beef broth and stir up the bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir and cook for a minute or so. Add cream of mushroom soup and mix well. Return sauteed mushrooms and onions to the pan and heat through. Serve over pasta or rice.