- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the salad
- 4-6 ounce leftover ribeye steak
- 1-1/2 cups iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 thin slices red onion, diced
- 1 stalk green onion, diced
- For the homemade blue cheese dressing
- 1 1/2 cups real mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 oz. blue cheese
- 2 t. fresh lemon juice
- 2 T. minced onion
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- milk to thin, start with 1/4 cup and go from there
- Microwave cooked leftover steak 2 minutes.
- Chop and dice lettuce, tomatoes, red and green onion and place on your plate.
- Thinly slice the steak into strips and place on top of salad.
- Top with blue cheese dressing.
- To make blue cheese dressing
- Pour mayo, sour cream, blue cheese, and lemon juice into blender. Blend to desired "chunkiness".
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Add just enough milk to make it the thickness you prefer. Blend. It will thicken during chilling.
- Serve and place leftover in the fridge.
NotesMy summer has been filled with salad! It's been so darn hot here and I don't want to heat up the kitchen and I want to eat light! It's just me home for lunch in the summer so a salad works for me! I've been packing DH a salad in his lunchbox and he's been enjoying it! The kids love salad as well and they've been eating alot of salad too!
I had a leftover ribeye steak from our 4th of July cookout and I was craving a salad for lunch! I also had some leftover homemade blue cheese dressing that I had made thru the week so this was perfect for my salad idea! It was delicious so if you like steak and blue cheese, you'll love this salad!