- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- refrigerated double pie crust
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 Tbs butter (or less)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (thawed)
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1 10.5oz can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, then line a pie pan with the bottom crust.
- Saute the onions briefly in a little bit of butter in a skillet until just soft, then mix together in a bowl with turkey, soup, vegetables, half & half.
- Stir it up and spice to taste, I used rosemary, thyme, and was pretty generous with the salt & pepper and it turned out great.
- Pour and spread evenly in the pie pan and cover with the second crust, then make a few slits in the crust (in the design of your choosing). 40 minutes or so until the top has a nice flakey golden brown top and serve.
NotesI found this recipe on allrecipes.com under the title "Turkey Pot Pie II" submitted by Diane while searching for an easy way to use up a turkey and a half worth of leftovers (short, but boring story). I made a few changes based on all the comments, and it seems to be pretty versatile.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More