- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 6 Lb Leg of Lamb, Have butcher butterfly it.
- 3-4 Tb olive oil
- 2 Tb soy sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, plus the grated peel
- 1/2 tsp of rosemary
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, pureed
- Rub the unboned side of the lamb with a tablespoon of olive oil and place, oiled side down in a baking pan.
- Rub the rest of the oil and the soy, lemon juice and peel, rosemary and garlic into the top side.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate until you are ready to cook the lamb- an hour or more if possible.
- When the coals are just right, place the lamb on the rack and turn every 5 minutes, basting with the oil in the baking pan, or use extra oil.
- Cook for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the heat of the coals and the thickness of the lamb.
- A meat thermometer reading would be 125F.
- Remove the lamb to a cutting board and let it sit for 8-10 minutes.
- You can also roast it in the oven at 375 F for 20-25 minutes.
- Do not turn the meat if oven roasting, but still have the meat rest 8-10 minutes before carving.
NotesRecipe from my brother, who is a GREAT cook!
This is the Lamb Recipe that you wanted:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More