- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 6 Lb Leg of Lamb, Have butcher butterfly it.
- 3-4 Tb olive oil
- 2 Tb soy sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, plus the grated peel
- 1/2 tsp of rosemary
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, pureed
- Rub the unboned side of the lamb with a tablespoon of olive oil and place, oiled side down in a baking pan.
- Rub the rest of the oil and the soy, lemon juice and peel, rosemary and garlic into the top side.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate until you are ready to cook the lamb- an hour or more if possible.
- When the coals are just right, place the lamb on the rack and turn every 5 minutes, basting with the oil in the baking pan, or use extra oil.
- Cook for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the heat of the coals and the thickness of the lamb.
- A meat thermometer reading would be 125F.
- Remove the lamb to a cutting board and let it sit for 8-10 minutes.
- You can also roast it in the oven at 375 F for 20-25 minutes.
- Do not turn the meat if oven roasting, but still have the meat rest 8-10 minutes before carving.
NotesRecipe from my brother, who is a GREAT cook!
This is the Lamb Recipe that you wanted: