LEGENDARY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Cooking Time: 10-12
- 2 cups butter (at room temperature - NOT melted))
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (measured first
- and blended to a powder in food processor
- or blender)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce Hershey bar, grated
- 3 cups chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup raisins, soaked in water, then drained (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix together butter and both sugars, then mix in eggs and vanilla extract. Add flour, powdered oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well.
Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet, making golf ball-size cookies. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Makes about 112 cookies.
You must SAVE this recipe