- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 4" section of a baguette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons or so of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon or so of chopped fresh basil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350' F
- Hollow out the bread. Cut the bread up, or tear it, into bite sized pieces and set it aside. In a small bowl, lightly whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil. Brush the inside of the baguette with the lemon oil.
- Stick the bread in the oven to toast. If you are one of the lucky ones who happen to have a toaster oven...go for it!! I left my bread in the oven for about 15 - 20 minutes....I wanted it crispy.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, some of the cheese, and basil together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add most of the bread crumbs to the egg mixture.
- When your bread is toasted to your desire, fill it up with the bread/egg mixture. Top with more cheese
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, (roughly...I wasn't looking at the clock exactly) until the egg is cooked
NotesI was looking for something to make for dinner (for just me) that included egg and lemon.This is it...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Christmas CookiesSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More