- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1-2 lemons
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups thawed, fat-free frozen whipped topping
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
- Toasted coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into un-greased rectangular baker; spread evenly over bottom. Bake on center rack in oven 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown, cracked and firm to the touch. (Cake will appear dry; do not underbake.) Turn baker upside down onto cooling rack; cool completely. (Do not remove cake from baker.)
- Poke holes in cake about 1 1/2 inches deep and 1/2 inch apart using a fork. Zest lemon to measure 1 tablespoon zest. Juice lemons to measure 1/4 cup juice. In a bowl, combine lemon juice, zest and powdered sugar; whisk until smooth. Slowly pour glaze over cake, spreading evenly. Let stand 30 minutes or until glaze is set.
- Attach open star tip to a decorator; fill with whipped topping. To serve, cut cake. Top each serving with raspberries; garnish with whipped topping. Sprinkle with toasted coconut, if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More