- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 slices day-old bread, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 dash ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 slices lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish or a dish of similar size.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, lemon juice, water, egg, bread, onion and seasoning salt until well blended. Shape into 6 individual loaves - I like to make large balls. Place them in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven while you prepare the topping.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard powder, allspice and cloves. Spoon the sauce over the loaves, then top each one with a slice of lemon. Return to the oven, and bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
Notes"Delicious individual meatloaves! The flavors are great and the topping is to die for. The lemon on top makes a nice presentation."
This is a different and light meatloaf, even meatloaf haters eat and like it. I found this recipe and tried it, to my delight everyone likes it including me, who does not like meatloaf.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More