- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
Backstory"Delicious individual meatloaves! The flavors are great and the topping is to die for. The lemon on top makes a nice presentation."
This is a different and light meatloaf, even meatloaf haters eat and like it. I found this recipe and tried it, to my delight everyone likes it including me, who does not like meatloaf.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 slices day-old bread, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 dash ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 slices lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish or a dish of similar size.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, lemon juice, water, egg, bread, onion and seasoning salt until well blended. Shape into 6 individual loaves - I like to make large balls. Place them in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven while you prepare the topping.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard powder, allspice and cloves. Spoon the sauce over the loaves, then top each one with a slice of lemon. Return to the oven, and bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Job Creator Cowboy Beans
Chicken PosoleSee More