- Cooking Time: 55
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. First, the crust:
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour and sugar. Cut in the butter until the mixture is mealy. Press in the bottom of a sprayed with butter non stick soray 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until crust is light golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. In the same medium bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, flour and baking powder with an electric mixer until light, about 3 minutes. Then stir in the lemon juice. Pour the filling over the crust while it is still warm from the oven. Bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes until the top is slightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool.
- In a small bowl, stir lemon juice into the confectioners' sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until the icing is of a spreadable consistency. Spread evenly over the cooled bars. Cut into squares.
NotesFilled so full of lemon, it's like sun shine!
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Megan Lust and The Gluten Free Vegan’s Pizza Buns
Asian Beef WrapsSee More