- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- BOTTOM LAYER:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Icing sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
- 1 cup butter or hard margarine, softened, cut up
- TOP LAYER:
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Icing sugar for dusting
- BOTTOM LAYER: Combine flour and icing sugar in medium bowl. Cut in margarine until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Press firmly in ungreased 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake in 350 F. oven for about 20 minutes until golden. Remove from oven.
- TOP LAYER: Beat eggs in large bowl until frothy. Add lemon juice and peel. Stir.
- Combine granulated sugar, flour and baking powder in small bowl. Add to egg mixture. Stir until just moistened. Spread evenly over bottom layer. Bake for about 25 minutes until set. Let stand in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Dust evenly with icing sugar using sieve. Let stand until cool. Cuts into 48 bars.
NotesA light, summer treat. Freezes well so you can pull one out whenever you get a craving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More